World of Pinot is an annual event that takes place at the beginning of March and includes three days of in-depth wine seminars, vineyard excursions, grand tastings and gourmet, locally-influenced lunches and dinners–all manned by a team of experienced sommeliers.
More than 3,000 wine lovers are expected to attend the 20th Annual World of Pinot Noir, which includes an opening night party followed by two full days of pairing dinners prepared by renown chefs, parties, two Grand Tastings featuring more than 250 premier Pinot Noir wineries from around the globe, and expert-led educational tasting seminars.
To mark this momentous anniversary, special seminars, dinners and new events have been added to the weekend-long program. The What’s New List includes:
- The annual Burgundy Seminar will explore Grand and Premier Crus. This year’s featured winery is Bouchard Pére et Fils.
- Bollinger Champagne joins the 20thAnniversary celebration offering a vertical seminar, and an exclusive Bollinger Champagne La Grand Annee release dinner.
- Award-winning Chef Santos MacDonal, of Il Cortile and La Cosecha restaurants in Paso Robles, is crafting a menu to pair with the Pinot Noirs from Italy’s Alto Adige, as well as wines from Argentina and Chile, among others.
- A special Founders Dinner, featuring many of the winemakers (and their coveted wines) who helped launch the World of Pinot Event 20 years ago includes: Talley Vineyards, Foxen, Patz & Hall, Adelsheim Vineyard, and Stephen Ross Wine Cellars.
- A seminar and luncheon hosted by Santa Barbara’s Wine Cask restaurant in downtown Santa Barbara, kicks off the weekend with a deep dive into the amazing wines of Italy’s Alto Adige.
Also new this year are exclusive opportunities for Weekend Passport holders. The Weekend Passport is the World of Pinot Noir’s all-inclusive, fully customizable VIP ticket for the entire weekend. In addition to having a concierge help guests navigate the options, those who purchase their Weekend Passport prior to Nov. 30, 2019, will secure tickets to the Bollinger Champagne tasting seminar and have priority access to the event’s most exclusive dinners: the Vintage Burgundy Dinner hosted by the SommFoundation, and the first-ever Bollinger Champagne Le Grand Dinner.